I asked my dear friend and also roommate to take LinkedIn headshots for me one day because as a college student, that’s something we do. However, the photoshoot turned into some cool pics I thought I’d share here. I couldn’t get myself to put on a suit or even just a blazer on for the photos–apparently I only allow myself to wear suits or blazers ironically. My outfit was simple yet showcased my style in what I consider to be basics.
Sneakers. Jeans. White t-shirt. Leather jacket. “B” necklace. That’s all. There’s a lot of talk about minimalist wardrobes or “capsule” collections as of late (more to come on that VERY soon) and I’ve decided if my wardrobe consisted of only these 5 items, I’d be over the moon and would know what to wear every day. Though it could be argued that what I wear everyday are pretty much just variations of this exact look.
So lets go through it:
- Sneakers. Why? Comfortable, always. Perk of these black Supergas? The black canvas doesn’t get as dirty as classic white leather sneakers.
- Jeans. Why? They’re the American definition of casual, but not quite leggings.
- White t-shirt. Why? It looks clean. Note: my mom still warns me of my tendency to spill things ALWAYS when I’m ready to purchase a white clothing item, so tread with caution.
- Leather jacket. Why? I’ve decided the motorcycle-style of this particular one is classic. Not into animal materials? Technology and fashion have great faux and vegan alternatives these days.
- “B” necklace. Why? It’s a personal embellishment that has sort of become a trademark. Don’t want a necklace? Wear a bracelet, a pin, a broach, a ring, anything really, and make it yours!
What are your 5 wardrobe essentials? Let me know in the comments below!